Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Got it

My insurance is actually covering the fancy new drug Lynparza. Yay! It is ordered through a specialty pharmacy so it was delivery to my doorstep via FedEx today. I got home from work around 3 and took my first 8 pills. I also took a lorazepam which helps nausea and anxiety. I might not experience any nausea but with most meds I have found that I get the worst side effects on my first dose so I decided to be proactive.

I have been working part time all week and it has been going well. I need to establish a new routine, though. I keep forgetting to take my pain meds and then I wonder why I don't feel great. Oops.

My skin mets have been getting worse and they are sore and gross so I am hoping that the new drug improves them quickly. I also still have pain in my sternum. So, I'm on a slightly higher pain dose than I was 3 weeks ago. If all goes well then I'll be able to reduce my dose again soon. Luckily I tolerate the drugs pretty well. At least now that I eat prunes every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment